How to Unlock an iPhone 2G – It’s Really Easy Too!
Here is a complete guideline for the users that how to unlock an iPhone 2G with Redsnow. Software such as Ultrasnow can also help accomplish this task.
- This Procedure is Too Easy
The right way to go about this is considered among the toughest tasks and very few people know how to do this properly; considered an impossible task by many. Here, we will tell you how to unlock an iPhone 2G.
- Recent Trends
These days, it is not very tough. In Past when these were new it was simple with Ultrasnow back but now days; users focus only two main processes they either ask the carrier as how to unlock an iPhone 2G for them, or using the ethical-dubious GEVEY interposer, which requires a spoof-dial to the emergency services and manage to overcome the device barrier somehow. This trend is perhaps due to the fear that the procedure is very tough and impossible.
- Step-by-Step Guideline
Here are the necessary steps, which will guide you how to unlock an iPhone 2G:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your device. If you do not have it, install it and check it.
- Make sure that you have the latest firmware on your device. Currently latest firmware is 3.0.1.
- Make a folder on desktop with any name. I will name it as RS folder.
- In RS folder download the Redsn0w and also the latest firmware 3.0(not 3.0.1) and make sure that you have picked the right firmware.
- Extract all the Redsn0w files when doing the process of how to unlock an iPhone 2G.
- Execute Redsn0w.
- Launch Redsnow and click on browse tab and select the 3.0 firmware
- After firmware selection click on NEXT tab
- Now in the procedure how to unlock an iPhone 2G there comes a selection point. Select to install CYDIA and click next.
- Then click on next or continue.
- Browse and select the file Boot loader from RS folder. Click on next.
- Connect the device and switch it off.
- Click next to precede the procedure to how to unlock an iPhone 2G.
- At this step your device should enter the DFU mode and Red snow will help you to do this.
- Press the POWER plus HOME button together and then release the POWER button only. Keep pressing the HOME button for next 30 Seconds.
- If done properly, the device will reboot.
- At this the procedure will begin.
- This may take 15-20 minutes in launching so be patient and do not press the keys during this period.
- After the procedure is complete you will get the message that it has been successfully done.
- Click the finish button.
Why don’t you take a look at this tool? Visit: Software To Unlock An iPhone 2G
So this was your complete guide which will tell you that how to unlock an iPhone 2G. It is an amazing device with all the latest features, which you dream. It is faster than its 3rd generation successor and considered as best gorilla glass mobile.
For further guidance, you may visit: how to unlock an iPhone 2G